Friday 17 November 2017

Review: Whitney G's "On a Tuesday (One Week #1)."


Synopsis: 

We met on a Tuesday. 
Became best friends, then lovers, on a Tuesday. 
And everything fell apart on a Tuesday... 

Charlotte Taylor has three automatic strikes in my book: 1) She hates me. She also claims that I'm a "domineering jerk with a huge, overbearing ego." (I do have something huge. It's not my ego, though.) 2) She takes our mandatory tutoring sessions way too seriously. 3) She's sexy as hell...And a virgin. 

At least, those were her strikes before our study sessions started lasting longer than they were supposed to. Until one innocent kiss became a hundred dirty ones, and until she became the first woman I ever fell hard for. 

Our future together after graduation was supposed to be set: 
Professional football for me. Law school for her. 

But she left me at the end of the semester with no explanation, and then she completely disappeared from my life. 

Until tonight.

We met on a Tuesday. 
Became everything, then nothing, on a Tuesday. 
And now it's seven years later, on a Tuesday... 

Review: Jo 

What a fabulous story this was. Whitney G is easily becoming a go-to author for me. Every book that I've read so far from this author have been brilliant. Sexy, swoony and utterly addictive. "On A Tuesday" was no exception to this and contained those very same three magic ingredients.

The story of Grayson and Charlotte flowed seamlessly from past and present day as I discovered every single thing about their romance. I was captivated throughout every turn of the page. It was a story that both thrilled me and made my heart hurt. I even felt a few tears form in my eyes at an especially emotional moment. It truly was a compelling read and with an unexpected twist thrown in, it was a book that I could not put down without wanting to immediately pick my kindle right back up again. It pained me to stop reading. 

I loved Grayson, he was just gorgeous. Handsome, caring, romantic and had a sparkling career ahead of him. Greyson had all the good things going on. Charlotte was a different story, although I did like her, I also thought she was a bit of a bitch sometimes. I was constantly changing my mind about her but in the end I was happy for her and Grayson and they definitely made a beautiful couple and I adored their relationship that they shared. 

The only thing that I didn't enjoy was that it ended far too soon for me. I wanted so much more of Grayson and Charlotte. I really wasn't ready for their story to end. Especially as it ended at Ninety four percent. This has happened with my last two reads from this author and I'm wondering if it's a regular occurrence. Despite this, I still loved this book and recommend it to anyone that loves a gripping second chance romance. 

"On A Tuesday" gets 4.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment