Friday 10 November 2017

Review: Lauren Rowe's "Misadventures on a Night Shift (Misadventures #6)."


Synopsis: 

Hotel clerk Abby Medford has always enjoyed the quiet solitude of the night shift. The long, boring hours allow her time to study her law books. But when bad-boy-rocker Lucas Ford checks into the penthouse suite one night and demands Abby personally deliver his room service request, her formerly quiet nights are quickly filled with Lucas's erotic games. 
But as Abby soon learns, if she thinks she can indulge her innermost desires with Lucas without giving him her heart, she's dead wrong.






Review: Jo 

I love rock star romance so this was a novel that I was excited about reading. "Misadventures on the Night Shift" got off to a promising start and I was looking forward to seeing this story develop. What followed was book that was filled with sex, sex and more sex. If you love a smokin' hot tale that involves a heartthrob singer, this one could be for you. 

Abby was a normal girl working her ass off at a hotel during the night and studying law during the day. She seemed like she had a lot on her plate and really didn't have time for a man in her life. Things soon changed though when she met the famous rock star, Lucas who offered Abby something she couldn't resist. From that moment on this story just gets hotter and hotter. Both Lucas and Abby are wrapped up in a steamy affair that happens so fast it took me by surprise. Another thing that surprised me was how bold Abby was when it came to sex. She had no problem whatsoever in acting out her dirtiest fantasies with Luke. The couple were so kinky! 

Now I'm all for the red hot sex scenes in my books and I usually love a good love story but there was something about this book that didn't quite capture me in the way that I wanted it too. I didn't really feel any kind of chemistry between the main couple and I didn't find Luke as hot as I thought I would. I was quite disappointed that this story didn't affect me in the way that I had expected it too. Maybe it was too much sex and not enough swoony romance for me. I also felt that the story ended so abruptly. I was kinda disappointed with how the book came to an end. 

Overall this one was a good read that I would recommend to anyone that loves a steamy erotic tale. 

"Misadventures on a Night Shift" gets 3.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment