Thursday 21 September 2017

Review: Kimberly Adams "First."

Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/2x3ShXJ
Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/2x4IEbn

Synopsis: 

It was 1990, and we were tying yellow ribbons around old oak trees. 

And we were waiting. 

The time I’d spent with Grant Butler was stolen. Each moment between us only fueled our need for each other. He was older, and forbidden by my parents. 

And then he was gone. 

Grant wrote to me from Saudi Arabia, and in his very first letter, he asked me to marry him. In his last letter, he promised to hold me in his arms on my graduation day. 

His last letter ended in forever. 

As I tried to move on with my life, I was consumed each day with the memories of a ghost... 

Of my young love. My first love. 

On August 26th, 1997, he was finally found... 
but I'd already lost him. 

This is the story of our life.... and it's only just begun.

Review: Surj & Jo 


Jo: No matter what I write in this review, it will not be enough to explain how epic this book was. It was simply in a league of its own. Nothing could prepare me for how much I felt during this story. It was breathtakingly beautiful, it was tragic, it was outstanding and by the time I finished the last page, I was a wreck. I was left desperate to share this phenomenal book with my book friends and I begged Surj to read it as soon as possible. I knew that she would love it equally as much as me.


"I wanted to be his. Only his.
 I wanted Grant like I’d never wanted anything in my entire life".

Surj: Jo, you're so right. I don't think there are enough words to do this book justice. This was just the most beautifully broken love story that I know will be added to a very small list of books that will continue to affect me in years to come. I know that whether it be weeks, a few months or even five years, if I open up Kimberly Adams "First" to any page, I will be overcome with emotions, my throats suddenly feeling like it's closing and I know without a shadow of a doubt the tears will fall. Grant and Annie's story truly was unforgettable. See, even now writing this review my heart feels so heavy yet so full at the same time. I am so envious of people that have yet to read it because lucky them, they get to experience this wonderful story for the first time. Gah, I wish I could have a ground hog day!!!

"I didn’t know if it was possible to fall in love at barely sixteen years old, 
but I was. I did. With Grant".

Jo: You just took the words right out of my mouth, Surj! Lol. Annie and Grants relationship was something special. They were true soulmates, sharing a connection so deep it was impossible not to get swept up in their romance. I loved their fierce love for one another so much. Annie's feelings transported me back to my own experiences of that giddy first love feeling and Grant, Wow!! He was such a gorgeous book boyfriend. So easy to fall head over heels in love with. 

“How’d we know that we could dance together, but not with anyone else? 
Or that we could kiss upside down, and fall in love in just a couple days? I don’t know,” 

Surj: I think the reason this book made such an impression on us was the fact that so much of Annie and Grant's story was like a trip down memory lane. So much of it was just so relatable. It was almost like we were transported back to our younger years. Oh young love Jo, how wonderful it made us feel. That first crush, first boyfriend, first kiss, first love.... just "first" everything. Our hearts and minds took such a journey with this couple as we were swept away by their beautiful yet devastating love story. I guess that's why it was so easy to fall in love with Annie and Grant. 

"I’d let him consume my entire world. 
My every thought was him, my every plan, my every breath".

Jo: We don't want to say anything more about the story because it's one that you need to feel for yourself. But trust us when we is say that this love story will leave a mark on your heart that will never be erased. It was truly stunning and in all the years that we have been reading, we don't think we've shed so many tears over a book. It is an absolute must read. 

"When your life is about to change, there is a silence that surrounds you. An eerie calm. Just as the birds quiet their singing before a storm, your heart fails to beat just enough to formally stop and start your path all over again. A redirection".

Surj: we could honestly gush about this book all day, whether it be about the story, the characters or the impeccable writing that captured so much raw emotion. But we are going to quit while we're ahead and before we let some of the story slip. As Jo said, pick up this book. You won't be disappointed.

This was hands down one of the easiest 5 hearts we've ever given. 


No comments:

Post a Comment